SPENN is disrupting the financial services market and changing the way people transact. Through the SPENN app, everyone can access services such as; payments to anyone, anywhere, shop in local stores, e-commerce, saving money and investment capabilities secure, instantly and free. The SPENN app is completely free to download and use.
We believe that everyone should have equal access to banking services, regardless of demographical, sociocultural and geographical factors. SPENN currently has a presence in 4 markets in Asia and Africa. We use our own payment solution to pay for all costs within the company. If you share our values, we would love to have you on board our team, and commonly work towards success for our brand!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Impact and Tech companies at a really exciting time in its journey. We are looking to build up our sales and business development team with smart people who are ambitious, work well independently and in teams, are not looking to be behind a desk all day and are passionate about working in a company aiming to improve the lives of millions at the grass root level.
Reporting directly to the Country Manager, this role will be critical in delivering on our hugely ambitious plans over the next few years. It is a great opportunity to take on commercial responsibilities in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with management to both develop and shape, and ensure delivery of a robust and optimised engagement strategy
- Managing and growing the department’s function, building processes and frameworks around the department’s market strategy, cost optimisation and relationship management practices
- Leading strategic deal-making efforts with external stakeholders
- Delivering a consistent and scalable pipeline of integrations for the product team to effectively and measurably improve local customer offerings
- Other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Business Development with a history of over-performance in previous roles
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Experience closing large deals with significant business impact
- A passion for financial inclusion, and a can-do and agile attitude necessary to thrive in a start-up environment
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and executive presence
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Fluency in both Swahili and English
Company Perks & Benefits
- Mandatory government payments
- Paid leaves
- Sufficient equipment
- Great work environment
- Working for a socially good cause
- Growth in global tasks and responsibilities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org